Monday, May 04, 2015

Upcycled train ticket jewelry

Inspired by the color and nature of the found objects in my live, I like to create something with various texture. 

My first design was a purse made for my Barbie when I was 8 years old. I used scrapes of an old towel as the "leather". The handles were a pair of plastic pink round file holders. Since then, I created many things 
with waste.

In my upcycled jewelry collection, I have used recycled bullet shells, recycled paper, recycle glass, 
old train tickets, old music records and other materials that could be thrown to the trash can. 

Some of the recycled glass beads are handmade by Indonesian artisans who work for WFTO member
group. Most materials are made according to fair trade principals. 

Once I traveled between Suzhou and Shanghai often for seeing doctor. Every other day, I got used tickets and seeing tones of tickets thrown away, I decided to do something with them. After spending half year in the design process, I finally finished these jewelry made with train tickets. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I will appreciate if you share, follow or subscribe my blog.

09 10